Monday 1 February 2016

January | Overview

So we have reached the 1st of February 2016. I feel like January didn't even happen, it's gone by so unbelievably fast.

This month was a busy and varied one. I began the year relaxing with my loved ones and spending valuable quality time with them. Then things got extremely busy with two heavy photography deadlines which took up a lot of my time! But I got through it and had both assignments handed by January 13th.



I did a lot of shopping early in the month, and bought a lot of books, I think I finished a total of 3 books this month, and although I wanted to finish at least 4, I am still proud of myself as I have actually started another 2 and my reading has been pretty consistent (although I have been in a little bit of a rut since starting uni again).

I got to spend a lot of time with Jordan which I am extremely grateful for! We managed to watch a LOT of How I Met Your Mother, and we had quite a few days/nights out together.

One of those nights out included the LAZER TEAM PREMIER!! Which I have been waiting for for so freaking long! We both enjoyed it so, so much and I couldn't be happier that I got to experience it for the first time with him!

I also watched a LOT of TV this month and I don't know if I'm proud or disgusted by it... I started watching Chuck, Making a Murderer and The Vampire Diaries (none of which I have finished yet though so I guess that makes it okay!)

However, right now I am back at university and starting all of my new modules for this term; Writing Development, Video and Media Law. All of which have been very enjoyable so far (apart from the 9am starts).

And that has been my January, nothing spectacular really but enjoyable nonetheless.

Time really needs to slow down though because the months are going by way too quickly for my liking.

A lot of you reading this won't be familiar with Rooster Teeth or the great loss that the community suffered a year ago today but I just wanted to take a moment to honour the day that saw a huge community come together in mourning and support.

A year ago today Monty Oum sadly passed after an allergic reaction left him in a coma. 

Monty was such an inspiring person, he worked so hard and had such a successful future ahead of him. He inspired everyone to dream big and to not stop working your butt off until your dreams came true. 

Today's post is in memory of Monty, an amazing person who was taken from his loved ones way too young. 

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever. The goal is to create something that will." - Monty Oum (1981-2015)

#KeepMovingForward

No comments:

Post a Comment