Friday 29 January 2016

Would You Rather: Book Tag!

I first came across this tag over at http://originalbooker.blogspot.co.uk and I loved the idea of it so much that I decided to give it a try!

1. Read only series or standalones? 
I definitely have to go with series on this one. One book is never ever enough for me and with every standalone I've read and liked, I've ended up craving more. I seriously don't think I could handle reading only standalones forever, it would break my heart and the craving for sequels would just be too much. Also, all of my favourite books are series, theres something unexplainable that I love about series and seeing them lined up all pretty on my shelf is wonderful.

2. Read only female or male authors?
This one is difficult as I've read a mixture of amazing male and female authors but if I absolutely had to choose one it would have to be female authors. My decision here is purely based on the fact that all of my favourite series are written by female authors and I feel like female authors tend to write in the style that I enjoy most more often.

3. Shop at Barnes and Noble or Amazon? (I am making the executive decision here to change Barnes and Noble to Waterstones as we don't have Barnes and Noble in the UK)
I would choose Amazon almost 100% of the time over Waterstones. Maybe it's just me being cheap but I think Waterstone's is ridiculously over-priced and a book that would cost you £8 there, could cost as little as £3 with Amazon! Plus I pay for Amazon Prime with makes ordering books hella convenient.

4. All books become movies or TV Shows?
This one is difficult... The main thing I hate about books becoming movies is all the detail that gets cut out in order to make the movie a reasonable length, something that can be avoided with TV shows. However, TV shows often get picked up by companies like ABC Family (Freeform) and get turned into absolute cheese-fests (I'm looking at you Shadowhunters). But at the same times movies can end up just as bad (Looking at you AGAIN Shadowhunters!). At the end of the day I think I would choose movies, I like how a series can get split into a movie per book and you get that clear definition. Also there are a hell of a lot of amazing films that have been made into amazing movies (Harry Potter, Hunger Games, Divergent, I could go on there's literally so many), but apart from the likes of PLL, Vampire Diaries and Game of Thrones, there aren't as many TV shows I can think of that truly do their books justice.

5. Read 5 pages per day or 5 books per week?
If I read 5 pages a day it would take me weeks just to finish one book, but I feel like 5 books a week is pretty excessive. I guess if I had the time though I'd prefer 5 books a week, there's a lot of books out there to read, and I'd fly through them like this!

6. Be a professional reviewer or author?
I really don't know with this one. It would be amazing to write my own books and have people read my stories but at this point in my life I don't know if I could do that. I don't have the faintest idea of how to write a full length novel and it seems like a pretty daunting task. So if we're talking today I'd prefer to be a reviewer, long term however, I wouldn't mind experimenting with novel writing.

7. Only read your top 20 favourite books over and over or always read new ones that you haven’t read before?
Always read new ones. I do love re-reading my favourite series and re-living my favourite characters but I feel like this would get very old, very quickly. Plus, like I said before, there are a lot of books out there and when I'm always reading something new I'm bound to find more and more favourites.

8. Be a librarian or book seller?
I don't feel like I've ever been to a fun library. the one that I used to go to growing up was pretty crappy. I feel like libraries are too filled with books that I really don't want to read like encyclopaedias and dictionaries and rubbish like that. Book shops however, are filled with all the newest releases and books on every subject which are more likely to be written in modern and fun ways than those held at a library. My final answer is book seller.

9. Only read your favourite genre or every genre except your favourite?
I don't really know what my favourite genre is... I feel like it must be fantasy thinking about it. I don't know, I think it would be really sad to never read any other genre of book but at the same time I feel like fantasy can be so broad that it would be worth it. So... I would have to go with only reading fantasy, because I really do love fantasy.

10. Only read physical books or ebooks?
Physical Books. I enjoy ebooks very much and they're obviously so convenient for on the go reading but overall I prefer physical books. I love the way they look on my shelf, I love that I can loan them to people and I just prefer the feel of them to a kindle or my phone.

This book tag was really fun! It definitely got me thinking a little bit about what type of reader I am!

I have decided to tag SophieCountsClouds.

And I am CHALLENGING James Griffin to do this tag as a blog post or a video. Here's your motivation James, now that I've tagged you, you have to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment