Monday 8 February 2016

How Much is My Face Worth?

I can't remember where I first found this idea (it was probably Bloglovin) but I thought it was a really interesting premise.

So today, I will be looking at all the products I use on my face and adding up how much they cost to see how much my face is worth!

Skin Care
It's only recently that I've started using proper skin care products, I used to to just wash my face and be done with it. But recently I started noticing that my face was getting a little dry and so I went out and bought a serum and moisturiser which I now use every day. I'm not sure if skin care is supposed to count in this but I thought I'd include it anyways because I'm curious!

1. Clean & Clear® Advantage® Clear & Soothe Foaming Wash - £4.70 (Boots)
I absolutely love foaming face washes, and I use this twice a day, morning and evening to cleanse my face.

2. L'Oreal Skin Perfection Advanced Correcting Serum - £16.99 (Superdrug)
A little more on the pricy side, but I absolutely love this and it's not as if you need to use a lot of it. I use a pea sized amount twice a day after I've washed my face. I really do feel like this has helped my skin, I haven't had as many blemishes since using this and my skin just feels healthy overall. Whether this is purely due to the serum or if it's a mixture of that and moisturiser I don't know, but I do know I am going to continue using this for the foreseeable future!

3. Simple Kind to Skin Protect Light Moisturiser SPF 15 - £3.29 (Superdrug)
I use this moisturiser in the mornings, after the serum to hydrate my skin and protect against any damage from UV rays during the day. Since using this I have definitely seen an improvement in my skin, any patches of dry skin disappeared in about a week of using this.

4. Simple Kind to Skin Hydrating Light Moisturiser - £2.65 (Superdrug)
I currently use this moisturiser in the evenings, as I will not be going outside and my skin won't be affected by UV rays.

Skin Care Total: £27.63

Make-Up
All of these products have been a tried and tested part of my make-up routine for a long time now. This is basically all I ever wear in terms of make-up, the only thing that changes is the colour of lipstick. I'm not going to go into lengthy explanations of these like I did with skin care as I think we can all guess what each of these is used for.
Everyday Make-Up
Lipstick: Mac Frost Meltdown
1. Rimmel Hide The Blemish Concealer in Ivory 1 - £3.99 (Superdrug)

2. L'Oreal Paris Infallible Matte Foundation Porcelain 10 - £7.99 (Superdrug)

3. Bourjois Little Round Pot Blusher Rose Ambre 74 - £7.99 (Superdrug)

4. Rimmel Clear Complexion Powder Transparent 21 - £3.99 (Superdrug)

5. Rimmel Scandal'Eyes Mascara Extreme Black 3 - £6.99 (Superdrug)

6. Mac Lipstick Satin Mocha - £15.50 (Mac)

Make-Up Total: £46.45

Skin Care + Make-Up Total: £74.08

Okay, I'm actually pretty shocked by that. In a way it's not that much, most of the products I use are under £10 with the odd more expensive item thrown into the mix, but when it's all added up, that is actually quite a lot of money that I spend on my face.

The investment is worth it in my opinion though, after all I only have one face so I might as well look after it! Plus, doing my make-up is something I really enjoy and it's not as if I have to keep buying these products every month (if i did the more expensive items would definitely have to go, which would make me incredibly sad).

I don't really know how I would lose my make-up bag, but this had definitely made me realise that losing all of my make-up and skin care products is not an option! And these are only the ones I use every day, I'd hate to think of how much all my make-up added together would cost.

However, at the same time I don't feel like I need to cut down on the amount I spend on make-up as the products I have are ones I have accumulated over quite a long period of time.

I really enjoyed this post, definitely a bit of an eye-opener!

(All prices listed are the current price at the time of this blog post going live, some of the items were reduced and may have gone back up to full price.)

No comments:

Post a Comment